LibreOffice 4.0 available for download
The waiting is over! The final version of LibreOffice 4.0 is now available for download and comes to our presence with many new interesting innovations that make this suite even more complete than OpenOffice.org (software on which it is based) and more creditable as a serious alternative to Microsoft Office.
Slim, multi-platform compatible, the new LibreOffice has a weight of about 20MB less than in the past, starts faster and offers improved support all file formats of Microsoft Office. We've also added support for Publisher files, and Visio, there is a new interface for managing templates, and you can use the Firefox Personas skins to customize the interface of Writer and partners. Following is the full changelog:
- Comments can now be attached to document text ranges in Writer.
- Import ink annotations from Docx and RTF documents.
- Set different header and footer on first page.
- Improvements to docx support.
- Improved ODS document import support in Calc.
- Option to cache values of formula in ODS or XLSX spreadsheets to open them faster.
- Size limit for ODF documents increased to 4 Gigabyte (from 2).
- New conditional formats (Date, Top/Bottom rules, String rules).
- Enhanced chart visualization.
- XOR spreadsheet function.
- Impress remote control for Android devices (Linux exclusive right now).
- Accelerated preview of multimedia contents.
- Improved quality of page previews in Draw.
- Integration of session installer to add components to LibreOffice on the fly.
- Java code reduction.
- Four new open source font families included (Open Sans, PT Serif, Source Code Pro and Source Sans Pro).
- New regular expressions engine.
- Import filter for Microsoft Publisher publications.
- Extended coverage of Visio file format. LibreOffice 4.0 supports all Visio file formats from Visio 1.0 to Microsoft Visio 2013.
- Graphics can be compressed and resized with the new Compress Graphics popup menu.
- Improved image quality in documents.
- Text can now be selected and copied from message boxes.
- Unity integration.
- Support for Firefox Personas.
- New templates manager.
- Improved ODS, XLSX and RTF load time.
LibreOffice 4 is of course available for all major operating systems and in many languages. If you have not tried it yet, you definitely got the time to do it!
DOWNLOAD LibreOffice 4.0