Tutorial Windows 8: how to disable the animations of the Start ScreenIf you love minimalist design, you will certainly be excited about Windows 8, and more particularly its Metro interface. What if we told you that the Start Screen of Windows 8 can be made even more minimalist? In what way? Just turn off animations that play to the appearance of tile and menus.
The operation is very simple and does not require any additional software. All you have to do is go in the Windows settings and uncheck one of the appearance settings for the system. That's all in detail:
- Go to the Start Screen and search for the term computer;
- Right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties from the menu that appears at the bottom;
- Click on Advanced System Settings item which is in the sidebar of the window that opens;
- Click the Setup button that is located under the heading Performance;
- Remove the check from the voice controls and animated elements in the windows;
- Click Apply and OK to save the settings.
If the end result is not satisfactory, no problem. You can go back at any time by returning to the Computer Properties> Advanced System Settings> Performance Settings and returning the item to check on the controls and animated elements in the windows.