Download: Charms Bar!
For those not yet familiar with the new features of Windows 8, the Charms Bar is the bar-style Metro side on the screen that appears when you move the mouse cursor up or down on the right. Gives access to the Start Screen, the search features, device management and many other beautiful things. Today we will see how to carry it on Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP thanks to an optimized skin for RocketDock, a dock bar for Windows freeware.
Before taking action, a small ragguaglio icon functions that you will find in this Bar Charms "good" opens a window dell'Esplora Search Resources to find files on your computer; Share opens the list of available connections on your PC; Start invokes the Start menu, open the devices device Management Settings and open the control panel. And now you're having fun!
- Install RocketDock;
- Download the theme of Charms Bar;
- Open the file you just downloaded the theme and extract the folder inside the Icons RocketDock directory (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ RocketDock on 64 bit systems and C: \ Program Files \ RocketDock in 32-bit) agreeing to replace the original Icons RocketDock folder and files in it;
- Extract the folder Charmbar transparent folder to RocketDock Skins;
- Extract the files in the directory RocketDock StartMenu.exe;
- In the Settings folder of the archive with the issue there are two settings files: Settings.ini that adds a black background to the Bar and Charms Settingstransparent.ini that makes the background transparent Bar of Charms. If you want the black background necessary to extract the files in the directory Settings.ini RocketDock, if you want to have to rename transparently Settingstransparent.ini in Settings.ini and then extract it to the RocketDock directory (replacing the original file Settings.ini, if present );
- Start RocketDock;
- Right click the Settings icon and select Settings from the context menu. In the window that opens, set the Target file C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ control.exe and how to Start in the path C: \ WINDOWS \ system32. With default settings the program looks for the control panel in "I" and therefore will not work;
- If you use an operating system 64-bit:
Right click the Start icon and select Settings from the context menu. In the window that opens, set the Target file C: \ Program Files (x86) \ RocketDock \ StartMenu.exe. With default settings the program looks for the executable that launches the Start menu in "C: \ Program Files" which is the directory for 32-bit systems.
Download: Charms Bar!